A short visit at Ilocos Sur


     It was just another normal rest day for me and hubs. No plan of traveling or whatsoever. We usually spend the weekends at the mall, market, out discovering new cafes or just relaxing at home while we watch k-dramas, anime for hubby and do some cooking, too. But last weekend was different, we had an unplanned trip to Ilocos Sur.


     On a saturday morning, after Dom's shift we decided to take a break so I suggested a place. Our home for this travel was at Apo Nena Bed and Breakfast. Situated in Camp Hope Brgy. Suso Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur, this place is so homey, laid-back, just a perfect place to relax. They do not offer wifi but globe telecom works well within the area, just in case you need one. I've discovered this BnB through Instagram and it immediately caught my attention. I'm a sucker for anything about nature and relaxation. It's very Instagrammable, too.

               
 
     We left Baguio at 12 noon and arrived at our BnB around 5 in the afternoon. We quickly changed to our swim wears and headed to the beach right away. For our dinner they served us Poqui Poqui, Salad (Camote tops, tomatoes and salted eggs) and Bagnet. Hubby loved the Poqui Poqui (eggplant) so did I, and since I have not eaten meat for a long time he had the bagnet all by himself. 😜 Dinner was awesome after a quick dip on the beach. The water was incredibly calm and clear!

                




     They serve all-day breakfast meals or you may opt to join them for lunch and dinner. If joining, you'll be asked to provide any diet restrictions and preference and in advance. They serve yummy home cooked meals, prepared by their friendly chef.

              

     Of course when in Ilocos, the Vigan longganisa is a must. For our first breakfast, hubby asked for the Vigan longganisa with eggs and rice ( two servings, it's that good). The scrambled egg was very buttery, yuummm! I chose Daing na Espada with egg and rice. And who can miss the Sukang Iloko, definitely not me! Haha! What a great place to start the day, also there were only a total of 4 guests (including us) on that weekend.  Too bad I forgot about their pancake which is only served on Sundays 😞.




    Look how peaceful it was that day, hubby's enjoying the water. After capturing some photos we hurried back to our room so I can get changed to have a quick dip, too.  The water was shallow so it's good place to improve your swimming skill. It's a great exercise, too. 🏊 We stayed there until 11 am not bothered being tanned and the water was cold enough for the warm weather. In the afternoon water rises a bit and becomes warm. We also sighted some fishermen preparing their nets before dark.



     Sunset is my most favorite scenery, it is very romantic and it never failed to amaze me. I like how it's hues spread among the cotton candy clouds, it is such a stunner. If you'll zoom in, you can see in this photo a local preparing the nets for their next catch. I'm still shy at capturing people closely but hopefully I can do that on our next travels 💪😊



     Finally on our last day at Apo Nena's we tried other meals on the menu. For the complimentary breakfast hubby went for the Chef's Special which is Hash, Beef barbacoa, Egg and Roasted Tomatoes while I had the Eggs & Toast which is 2 eggs, Toast with jam & butter. I love the strawberry jam. FYI, you are not allowed to bring food with you but need not to worry because they definitely serve good food. You can find them on Instagram and Facebook for more information.

This is not a paid blog, I just wanted to share how awesome our experience was at this place. I highly recommend you drop by before heading to Vigan or after exploring Vigan. Actually, you can just stay there and enjoy the beach! Hope you can also find time to have fun and relax just as we did!





     And no matter how persistent they are, do not feed the dogs. Look how charming he is. 👍😍

    See you on Instagram (all about food) and on my  Personal Account.



    XOXO,

    Grace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panagbenga 2015